Thursday 19 November 2015

Raiders of the Lost Ark Movie Review

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Director: Steven Spielberg 
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Poster
I want to keep this review fairly short so let’s get going. I hadn't seen any Indiana Jones movies before, it’s just one of those films where everybody has seen it apart from me so I thought why not, at least I’ll be able to understand what’s going on when people talk about it.
Raiders of the Lost Ark is the story of a full time professor of archaeology and part time action hero. Indy gets a mission to retrieve The Ark of Covenant that has supernatural powers before the dreaded Nazi’s get their hands on it.
The film is basically a bunch of huge action set pieces stitched together by small pieces of dialogue which explain what’s going on in the plot. That’s about it really. I will say that the action set pieces are really well done, the film really is an action packed adventure and would be great for anyone into that sort of thing but there’s only so many car chases and Nazi executions I can take in a film before getting a little bored.

I think if I had watched this film when I was younger then I would be a lot fonder of it now but all in all it was only mildly enjoyable and the novelty of it definitely wore off. That’s about all I have to say for this one, glad I watched it to kill the curiosity but not overly impressed.
4.5/10

19/11/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment